- False Statements: ‘Do not declare the people to be innovators!’ ‘Yaa Akhee! Leave this speech! Leave this speech! Will Allaah ask you about them?’” – Shaykh Ahmad Baazmool
- Does warning against a specific person mean that he is declared an innovator? – Answered by Shaykh Ahmad Baazmool
- Tabdee’(declaring someone to be an innovator) is [only] for the Scholars and refuting falsehood is for the Scholars, for the students of knowledge and for the one who is qualified – Shaykh Ahmad Baazmool
- What is the difference between al-Bid‘ah al-Mufassiqah (Bidah of Faasiq) and al-Bid‘ah al-Mukaffirah (Bidah of Kufr)? – Shaykh Ahmad Baazmool
- Statement :’Hikmah (wisdom) is taken from anyone; from the young, the old, the jaahil (ignorant), the Muslim or the disbeliever.’
From: Moosaa Richardson
Date: Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Subject: [KSA_D] SCAM ALERT: Be warned of the Dusseldorf 1250 Con!
“What is done solely for Allaah remains”
- Imaam Maalik (may Allaah have Mercy on him)
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 3:27)
Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan on the Statements of Muhammad Suroor - The noble Scholar is asked about the statements of Muhammad Suroor Zaynul-’Aabideen, “The books of ‘aqeedah are not suitable for our times,” and, “If the people of Loot (‘alayhis-salaam) had said ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’, it would not have benefited them as long as they persisted upon their disobedience.” After clarifying the misguidance of these statements and their speaker, the Shaykh then proceeds to praise the refutation upon Muhammad Suroor by the noble Scholar, Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee.
Refutation of Muhamamd Suroor’s statement about tawheed and the Sins of People of Loot – Abu Khadeejah Talhat as-Senagaali [Audio|En]
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 20:31)
Posted from : Khutbah’s at Masjid Ibn Abbas
The noble Scholar Shaykh Saalih Fawzaan is asked about the statements of Muhammad Suroor Zaynul-’Aabideen, “If the people of Loot (‘alayhis-salaam) had said ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’, it would not have benefited them as long as they persisted upon their disobedience.”
Listen to the audio to know the knowledge based refutation
Is the Ibaadi sect regarded as one of the misguided sects of the Khaarijis, and is it permissible to pray behind them?
The Committee answered as follows:
The Ibaadis are one of the misguided sects because of their aggression and rebellion against ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan and ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with them both), and it is not permissible to pray behind them.
And Allaah is the Source of strength.
Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas.
Fatwa of the Standing Committee, no. 6935
Their first founder was ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ibaad from the tribe of Banu Murrah ibn ‘Ubayd ibn Tameem. He was named after Ibaad which is a village in al-Yamaamah known nowadays as al-‘Aarid. ‘Abd-Allaah was a contemporary of Mu’aawiyah and died at the end of the reign of ‘Abd al-Maalik ibn Marwaan.
Their most important beliefs:
· From their books it seems that they deny the divine attributes, and they agree to a large extent with the Mu’tazilah in the misinterpretation of divine attributes. But they claim that their views are based on sound evidence, when they interpret the divine attributes in a metaphorical sense, which explains the meaning without likening Allaah to His creation. But the truth of this matter is the view of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, who follow the evidence and affirm the names and attributes of Allaah as He Himself has affirmed them, without denying them, discussing how, they are, misinterpreting them or likening Allaah to His creation.
· They deny that the believers will see Allaah in the Hereafter.
· They misinterpret some matters having to do with the Hereafter and deny that they are real, such as the Balance (Meezaan) and the Siraat.
· The attributes of Allaah are not additional to His Essence, they are His Essence.
· The Qur’aan in their view is created, and they agreed with the Khaarijis in that. Al-Ash’ari said in Maqaalaat al-Islamiyyeen, “All the Khaarijis say that the Qur’aan was created.” Maqaalaat al-Islamiyyeen, 1/203.
· In their view the one who commits a major sin is a kaafir in the sense of being ungrateful to Allaah or being a hypocrite.
· In their view people fall into three categories:
- - Believers who are sincere in their faith
- - Mushriks whose shirk is obvious
- - People who have affirmed belief in Tawheed and Islam, but who do not adhere to its practices and acts of worship, so they are not mushriks because they have affirmed belief in Tawheed, but they are not believers either because they do not adhere to the requirements of faith. So they are included with the Muslims in rulings having to do with this world, because of their affirmation of Tawheed, and they are included with the mushriks in rulings having to do with the Hereafter because they were not sincere in their faith and they went against the requirements of Tawheed.
· They believe that those of the people of the qiblah who differ from them are kaafirs but not mushriks; it is permissible to marry them and inherit from them. Their weapons, horses and anything that may be used for war is permissible as war booty and everything else is haraam.
· The one who commits a major sin is a kaafir and when he is committing sin and persisting in it, he cannot be admitted to Paradise if he has not repented, for Allaah does not forgive major sins unless those who commit them repent before death.
· They call the one who commits a major sin a kaafir, claiming that this is kufr in the sense of ingratitude to Allaah or in the sense of hypocrisy, not in the sense that he is a kaafir who is beyond the pale of Islam. Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah on the other hand call such a person disobedient or a sinner. Whoever dies in such a state – according to Ahl al-Sunnah – is subject to the will of Allaah: if He wills, He will forgive him by His grace, and if He wills, He will punish him by His justice until he is cleansed of his sin, then he will be moved to Paradise. But the Ibaadis say that the sinner will abide in Hell forever, so in this regard they agree with the rest of the Khaarijis and Mu’talizah who say that the sinners will abide in Hell forever.
· They deny that there will be any intercession for the sinners who are believers in Tawheed, because sinners – in their view – will abide in Hell forever, so there can be no intercession for them to be brought forth from Hell.
· Some of them criticized the caliph ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan, Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan and ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with them).
Ibāḍī Muslims make up a majority of the population in Oman. They are also found in the Nafūsah Mountains in Libya, M’zab in Algeria, East Africa (particularly Zanzibar) and Djerba Island in Tunisia. The early medieval Rustamid dynasty in Algeria was Ibāḍī, and refugees from its capital Tiaret founded the North African Ibāḍīs communities which exist today in the M’zāb Valley.
[Ghulam Ahmad Pervez was the right hand man of Muhammed Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, and was one of the leading activists of the Pakistan movement. After the independence of Pakistan in 1947, he worked in the Central Government and was also a counselor to Muhammed Ali Jinnah. - wikipedia]
The following is taken from alifta.net - Ruling of Shari`ah on Ghulam Ahmad Pervez - Fatwa by Imaam Ibn Baaz (Rahimahullah)
All praise be to Allah Alone, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger, and his family and Companions.
I have reviewed the article published in Al-Hajj Magazine, in its second issue dated 16 Sha`ban, 1382 A.H., on the Fatwa request submitted to it by our fellow scholar, Shaykh Muhammad Yusuf Al-Banury, principal of the Arab Islamic School in Karachi, about the ruling of Shari`ah (Islamic law) regarding Ghulam Ahmad Pervez who has recently come into view in the lands of India, and regarding his beliefs, examples of which were presented by the reverend questioner. He also enquired about the religious ruling on those who follow, embrace, and call to such beliefs, and so on.
A: The examples of the beliefs of Ghulam Ahmad Pervez as quoted by the questioner in his Fatwa request published in the said magazine, amount to twenty. All people endowed with knowledge and insight, who examine such examples, will realize beyond doubt that he who embraces and calls to such beliefs has fallen into major Kufr (disbelief) and apostatized from Islam. Therefore, he should be invited to repent. He must unequivocally repent of his former beliefs and belie them, and publish such repentance in local newspapers – just as he had published his false beliefs therein. Otherwise, it becomes obligatory for the ruler of the Muslims to execute him; a ruling which is Ma`lum minad-din biddarurah (well-established and known Islamic principles). The proofs corroborating such a ruling in the Qur’an,the Sunnah (whatever is reported from the Prophet), and the Ijma` (consensus of scholars) are too many to be surveyed in the present answer. All the examples presented by the questioner of the beliefs of Ghulam Ahmad Pervez necessitate declaring him a Kafir (disbeliever) and Murtad (apostate), according to the scholars of Shari`ah.
Here we quote some of the referred to examples so that the readers would realize how much heinous, offensive, and far from Islam are such beliefs, and would recognize that those who embrace them do not believe in Allah, the Day of Resurrection, the Messenger (peace be upon him), or what Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) and His Messenger informed of regarding the Hereafter, Paradise, and the Fire. Besides, the reader would perceive that those who embrace such beliefs are far distanced from what the messengers were sent with, and that they harbor bitter enmity, grudge, and intrigue against Islam and Muslims. Moreover, they are crafty plotters, skilled in confusing people, and are bereft of decency and good manners.
We ask Allah (Exalted be He) for well-being and safety – for us and for all Muslims – from the evil inflicted on that evil atheist.
The first example of the beliefs of the atheist Ghulam Ahmad Pervez according to what is mentioned in the Fatwa request published in the referred to magazine, reads: “All that is stated in the Glorious Qur’an of Sadaqah (voluntary charity), inheritance, and other financial rulings are temporary, and are intended to gradually rise up to an independent role, namely [he calls it] the system of Rububiyyah (Lordship). Thus, when the time comes, these rulings will come to an end, since they are temporary and subordinate.”
The second example: “The Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions deduced from the Qur’an rulings that turned out to be Shari`ah. Likewise, all those who follow him are consultative members of a central government entitled to infer from the Qur’an rulings that, in turn, become the Shari`ah of their age, while they are not required to apply the preceding Shari`ah. Moreover, such a process is not limited to only one aspect of the Shari`ah, but it rather applies to the acts of worship, transactions, and morals. That is why the Qur’an did not specify the details of worship.”
The third example: “Allah (Exalted be He) says: Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. The meaning of obedience to Allah and His Messenger is obedience to the center of the Ummah (nation based on one creed), that is, the central government, while ‘those who are in authority’ refers to the assemblies held under its rule. Thus, the government alone assumes legislation. Besides, obedience to Allah does not mean obedience to His Book, the Qur’an, neither does obedience to the Messenger mean conformity with his Hadiths. For every central government instituted after the age of revelation enjoy the position of the Messenger, and, thus, obedience to Allah and His Messenger surely mean obedience to such a government. Even more, the Messenger was obeyed because of being the commander and leader of the central government, while what was obeyed was the central government itself.”
The fourth example: “The Glorious Qur’an states that the Prophet (peace be upon him) does not deserve to be obeyed, and that he does not have the right to impose obedience to him on Muslims. Besides, obedience to Allah (Exalted be He) and His Messenger (peace be upon him) means nothing but obedience to the center of the religious system, which implements the rulings of the Qur’an only.”
The sixth example: “Paradise and Fire do not refer to certain places, but they rather refer to the conditions of man.”
The nineteenth example: “Belief in Predestination, both the good and the evil thereof, is a Magian subterfuge made as a creed for Muslims.”
These, dear readers, are samples contained in the Fatwa request published in the magazine (presented in the same way they are arranged in the Fatwa request), so that you may conceive the correctness of what I mentioned above. When the readers review the other examples published in the magazine, they would find evidence of the heinous ideas and Kufr of Ghulam Ahmad. This leads us to many of Allah’s clear signs and conclusive proofs confirming His Wisdom in His Creation and His Absolute Ability to turn hearts and to seal their doom through deviation so that they could reach almost inconceivable limits.Praise be to Allah! How Sublime is He and how Perfect is His Power! Allah says: Thus does Allâh seal up the hearts of those who know not [the proofs and evidence of the Oneness of Allâh i.e. those who try not to understand true facts that which you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) have brought to them]. These quoted examples, and also those unquoted, are proven Batil (false) through many Ayahs (Qur’anic verses) and authentic Hadiths and through the Ijma`. The Ayahs include the Words of Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He): Say (O Muslims), “We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhîm (Abraham), Ismâ‘îl (Ishmael), Ishâq (Isaac), Ya‘qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya‘qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsâ (Moses) and ‘Isâ (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm).” So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allâh will suffice you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. This atheist has never believed in what Allah sent down to Muhammad (peace be upon him) and to the preceding messengers. Rather, he wholeheartedly denied it, as indicated through his denial of obedience to Allah (Exalted be He) and His Messenger (peace be upon him) and of His Shari`ah, and his disbelief in Paradise and Fire, and his rejection of Predestination. Indeed, this asserts that he is not only aberrant but also among the people of dissension, disbelief, and atheism. Allah (Exalted be He) says: Truly, the religion with Allâh is Islâm. Yet, this atheist denies this religion and believes that obedience to the Messenger (peace be upon him) was confined to his lifetime, and that he was obeyed, not because of being the Messenger of Allah, but because he was the leader of the central government. Likewise, he denies obedience to Allah and refuses to conform to it, since – for him – obedience is due only to the central government, no matter what form it takes. Such is an explicit denial of Allah and the Qur’an and plain negation of Islam and of the fact that it is the religion that must be embraced. Moreover, he believes that the authoritative religion is that which is enacted by the central government, even if it contradicts the Qur’an and the Sunnah. In this regard, Allah (Exalted be He) says: And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
In addition, this atheist – as shown above – does not accept this Ayah, and in turn he belies Allah and opposes Him. Hence, he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter, knowing that the loser in the Hereafter or the absolute loser is the Kafir, who deserves everlasting torture in the Fire. We seek refuge with Allah against such an end. Allah (Exalted be He) says: O you who believe! Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allâh and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), if you believe in Allâh and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination. He (Exalted be He) also says: The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allâh. He has commanded that you worship none but Him (i.e. His Monotheism); that is the (true) straight religion And: And in whatsoever you differ, the decision thereof is with Allâh (He is the ruling Judge). This deviating atheist, however, rejects all these Ayahs and denies both obedience to Allah (Exalted be He) and His Messenger (peace be upon him) and referral to them for judgment (as already indicated above). Furthermore, he believes that all such matters are due for the central government. This is enough to declare him a Kafir and proves the corruption of his beliefs and his opposition to Allah, His Book, His Messenger, and the Muslims. There is no need to present an argument in confirmation of the Kufr, aberrancy, and deviation of the one holding such beliefs, for it is as clear as daylight. Besides, there are numerous Ayahs to this effect.
As for the Hadith, it is authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) in the Two Sahih (authentic) Books of Hadith and others that he said: Every prophet would be sent to his nation only, but I have been sent to all mankind. It is also authentically reported he (peace be upon him) said: My entire Ummah will enter Paradise except the one who refuses. It was said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, who will refuse?’ He (peace be upon him) said, ‘Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses.’ (Related by Al-Bukhari)
Again, Allah (Glorified be He) says in the Glorious Qur’an: Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allâh.” And: He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), has indeed obeyed Allâh.
However, this atheist does not believe that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was sent by Allah, that he must be obeyed, or that he is a Messenger to all mankind. Rather, he believes that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was only to be obeyed during his lifetime and only on the grounds of his being the head of the central government, not because of his being the Messenger of Allah. So, praise be to Allah, how heinous is such a claim and how far distanced from guidance is it! According to well-established religious matters that are recorded in authentic references, the Muslims unanimously agree that whoever belies Allah or His Messenger (peace be upon him), even if about a small matter, or deems apostasy from Islam permissible, or says that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was sent to the Arabs only or to the people living during his lifetime, becomes a Kafir and Murtad, whose execution is declared lawful and whose money is to be seized. Praise be to Allah, this point is uncontroversial among religious scholars, and, thus, there is no need for more elaboration on this matter by quoting their unanimity from reliable sources. I hope that what is already mentioned is satisfactory for the questioner and for the readers in general. Undoubtedly, the Kufr of Ghulam Ahmad Pervez according to what is quoted of his beliefs and opinions, is taken for granted by common Muslims, not to mention scholars. Thus, there is no more need to state in great detail the proofs of such a claim. We ask Allah to safeguard the Muslims from the evil of Ghulam Ahmad and those like him, to bridle the enemies of Islam wherever they may be, to foil their intrigues, and to let them perish in their rage without fulfilling their intentions. Indeed, He is Able to do all things.
Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us). There is neither might nor power except with Him. May peace and blessings be upon His Servant and Messenger, our Master and Imam, Muhammad ibn `Abdullah, who was sent to all mankind with the perfect Shari`ah until the Day of Resurrection, and upon his family and Companions, and upon those who uprightly follow them until the Day of Resurrection. All praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
Video Courtesy: SalafiDawahNZ
The importance of aqeedah for the Muslim – Sheikh al-Fawzan
There is (one) here who is lax concerning the importance of aqeedah (creed) and he is of the opinion that eemaan (faith) is sufficient (for him). Do you have any clarification concerning the importance of aqeedah for the Muslim and how it reflects on his life, on his relationship with the (Muslim) society (as a whole) and with the non-Muslims?
In the name of Allaah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy. All praise is due to Allaah, the Lord of the all that exists. And may the peace and blessings be upon our Messenger Muhammad and upon his family and his companions. To proceed:
The correctness of aqeedah is the (most) fundamental principle. This is because bearing witness that Laa Ilaaha Illa Allaah Wa Anna Muhammaddan Rasool Allaah (there is no deity worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is His Messenger), is the first pillar of Islaam. And the Messengers called firstly, to the correction of the aqeedah because all acts of worship and behavior depends on it and without the correct aqeedah, there is no benefit from (these) deeds. The Most High said: “But if they had joined in worship others with Allaah, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them.” – Al-An’am (6):88
And their deeds became invalid.
And Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) said: “Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allaah, then Allaah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Dhaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.” - Al-Maa’idah (5):72
And the Most High said: “And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم)), as it was to those (Allaah’s Messengers) before you: ‘If you join others in worship with Allaah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers.’” – Az-Zumar (39):65
From these texts and other than them, it is clear that the correction of the aqeedah is from the important (affairs) and at the forefront of the da’wah. And the first (affair) to establish for the da’wah is the correction of aqeedah. And the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) remained in Makkah for thirteen years after his mission began, calling the people to the correction of the aqeedah and to at-Tawheed. And the faraa’id (obligatory acts of worship) were not revealed to him except in Madeenah.
Yes, and the salaat was made obligatory upon him in Makkah before the hijrah and the rest of the shar’iah was imposed on him after the hijrah. From this we have evidence that deeds are not accepted except after the correction of the aqeedah.
And this is for the one who says: That the eemaan is sufficient without having interest for the aqeedah.
This is contradictory because eemaan is not eemaan except if the aqeedah is correct. And if the aqeedah is not correct, then there is no eemaan, and (there is) no deen (religion).
Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan
Fataawa as-Siyaasah ash-Shar’iyyah, Question 1
- The Deviations of Hamza Yusuf
- I’m An Ash’ari Sunni Sufi Following One Of The 4 Madhabs – Feat. Hamza Yusuf,Nuh Haa Meem Keller, Muhammad al-Yaqoubi
- Sheikh Waseeullaah Abbaas concerning GLM(Green Lane Masjid,UK) and its upcoming conference called “The Qur’an and I” and about “the pledge of mutual respect”
- Yasir Qadhi’s - Pledge of Mutual Respect and Cooperation Between Sunni Muslim Scholars, Organizations, and Students of Sacred Knowledge - Must Read !!